“We never thought we could afford to own a home because we didn’t have money saved for a down payment or closing costs. Then a friend told me about the HCCI DPA program, and we are now first time home owners. Thank you for helping us provide a home for our children to grow up in.”
Purchasing a home can be expensive.
Let the HCCI DPA Program help.
Many home buyers find it difficult to pay for the down payment and closing costs associated with buying a home. Three organizations – Capitol Federal, the Federal Home Loan Bank and Housing and Credit Counseling, Inc. —have partnered to form the HCCI DPA program which provides $4,000 grants to qualifying home buyers to assist with their down payment and/or closing costs. *
How to Qualify for the HCCI DPA Program
In order to qualify for a HCCI DPA grant, a buyer must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The home must be located in Kansas.
- Household incomes must be at or below 80% of the area median income.
- Do not have to be first time home buyers to qualify.
- Priority will be given to Large Units, Military and/or Veterans.
- DPA funds can not be used in conjuction with any other FHLBank of Topeka funding.
- Additional requirements may need to be satisfied as determined by HCCI.
Learn More and/or Apply
To learn more or to apply for the HCCI DPA program, contact Chris Burk at 800-383-0217 Ext. 317 or firstname.lastname@example.org. By contacting HCCI, interested home buyers will also have the opportunity to receive home buyer education.
*Additional fees apply. Net assistance to the home buyer is approximately $3,000-$3,350.