Do you need help managing your money or
accessing public programs because of COVID-19?
The City of Topeka is providing free help, over the phone!
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major impact on Topeka residents’ finances and the City of Topeka new Financial Navigators program is here to help. Working with Housing & Credit Counseling, Inc to provide guidance over the phone, Topeka Financial Navigators can help you manage financial issues, identify immediate action steps, and make referrals to other services at no cost.
Sign Up for Financial Navigator Services
Register for a call by telling us:
- ZIP Code
- Language preference
- Phone and/or
- email address
A Navigator will call you to begin your free session.
What Happens In a Financial Navigation Session?
The free session will last between 30 minutes and an hour. Navigators can help you address concerns including:
- Meeting daily living expenses, like housing, food, and insurance;
- Maximizing income, by sharing referrals that offer benefit eligibility services, emergency cash assistance, and emergency loans;
- Managing debt, from credit cards to student loans to child support;
- Avoiding predatory scams;
- Budgeting for future loss of income;
- Accessing other social services.
During the session, your Financial Navigator will work with you to identify next steps and email them to you. Still have questions? You can sign up for another free appointment (although we cannot guarantee it will be with the same Navigator).
Please note – Financial Navigators provide information relevant to your needs;
they cannot provide direct financial assistance like cash or loans.
Visit https://finnav.org/topeka or call 785-670-5900 to sign up and talk with a Topeka Financial Navigator now!